Thursday 18 May 2017

Salt Dough Snails

Our garden is full of shells we've collected. I won't tell a lie, it's mainly my obsession but Jessica does help me out a little with the beach combing and then she enjoys playing with them at home. Yesterday afternoon we were sat in the garden wondering what to do when inspiration struck. We decided to try making a family of salt dough snails! 




We used seed beads for eyes and baked the creatures for just over an hour at 150 degrees Celsius. They're a bit clumsy but they were fun to make and I have no doubt that Jessica will have a lot of fun playing with them. She already wants to make them a home (I have told her that snails live in their shells but she says these are special ones). These would be great decorated with acrylics too but we'll keep these one natural I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...