Sunday 5 March 2017

Painted stones

Acrylic paints are brilliant. We love them. Fast drying (which avoids everything turning brown) and hard-wearing it is the perfect choice for this project. Dad buys packs of 20 12ml tubes from The Works for just £5 for the kids so it doesn't break the bank either. 

Over Whitsun last year, Dad bought a couple of brooms and buddlejas for his front garden. Planting them produced an array of stones in the rubble that I dug up so once the hard work was over, Katryn, Archie, Jessica and I set about painting what we had unearthed. If you look closely you can see that they were generally painting creatures: bees, ladybirds, ants, spiders, butterflies, a millipede and a toad are about all I can identify from this picture! Here they are in Dad's pebble border...


Back at home we've also decorated quite a few stones and shells. Jess loves it when I do painting with her as opposed to watching her do it by herself so we usually bring a stash in from the garden and she tells me which ones I'm allowed to decorate. I find it really therapeutic and Jess likes playing with them out in the garden. 

During one of the few hard frosts this winter I ventured out early and spotted these beautiful ice crystal formations on all of our stones and shells. I couldn't resist snapping a picture and sharing them...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...