Thursday 16 March 2017

DIY Toddler Birthday Cake

When Jess turned 2 we had a big joint birthday and (late) housewarming party so we needed a lot of cake! I made a big madeira cake and covered it in white icing before mixing up a selection of different coloured icings for Jessica to get creative with. She had a ball throwing it all around but I have to admit that I did lead her to believe it was paint until she'd finished. You should have seen her face when I told her it was actually icing and that she could lick the bowls out! I'd never get away with it now!


Here's her finished cake alongside the one I made carefully following instructions from Wilton. I was thrilled with both of them. The fox worked really well and was so easy to do. I'd highly recommend giving it a go if you have an animal lover in your house...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...