Friday 17 February 2017

Katryn's Cushions

During Katryn's summer visit last year she convinced me (it didn't take much) to teach her how to use a sewing machine. I will admit that I only taught her as much as she needed to know and I wasn't massively thorough in my tutorials but she left feeling confident enough to take my first sewing machine back home with her. 

She jumped straight in and made this beautiful striped bolster cushion as her first project...


... and this was her second...


She did really well, picked up the basics quickly and was determined to do it as independently as possible. I was very proud of her. She got a great deal of satisfaction from making something from scratch and Archie is now desperate to learn how to use it too! He was a lovely little helper when I was making Dad some new curtains recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...