Sunday 5 February 2012

Crochet 2, Suzanne 0

Two days I’ve spent trying to learn how to crochet but I just can’t get my head around it. This is an unfamiliar and unpleasant feeling. I’m going to persevere for the rest of this evening (apart from completing a set of marking for Year 12). After that, if I am still (as I suspect) unsuccessful and mastering any more than the initial chain of stitches I will wait to be taught by my dear sister-in-law who mastered the skill some time ago.
Between my frustrating attempts to master this new craft I have done a couple of things this weekend. On Saturday, I made a (horribly sweet) strawberry and apple tiramisu that we took round to Alex and Laurence’s place last night, which David is polishing off as I type. I then mounted some old pieces of curved stitching to go up in my classroom tomorrow (snow allowing).
P1050819blog
Today I have finally got around to making an engagement card for Rhiannon and Simon who got engaged in Paris a few weeks ago. I designed the stitched card, which was inspired by the photograph of her ring that she put on facebook. After stitching the design I painted the sapphires and diamonds and mounted the pieces…
image P1050822blog
During the nail-biting but thoroughly enjoyable Wales-Ireland rugby match I went back to the trusty latch-hook rug. I’ve completed 13 rows from the 104 now! Each row takes me about half an hour to complete so I have a long way to go.
 P1050825blog
Ok, off I go to watch some tutorials on YouTube. crochet hook at the ready, one way or another I will crack this…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...