Tuesday 19 July 2011

Leavers’ Tea Party

One of the very best traditions at Woodford is the Leavers’ Tea Party held in the last week of term. It’s an occasion to celebrate the year’s achievements, the years of contributions made by staff who are leaving and to wish them the very best for the future.

P1040292
P1040299

It was a lovely event, as usual, this year and aside from the normal organisation, I had a little crafting to do. I made the table decorations for each of the 10 tables. I went with quite simple tissue paper flowers inspired by a book that I was given by one of my best friends for my birthday. It’s by Minhee & Truman Cho and is called Paper + Craft (click the link to see the book on Book People). I used pipe-cleaners wrapped in floral tape for the stem, make a centre (either ball or tasselled) from black tissue paper and then used four, roughly heart shaped, petals in different sizes for each flower.

P1040294 P1040296

I can’t help thinking people were being kind but there were lots of nice comments about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...